Repost//Sex and the Marathon: Why runners make better lovers
Happy Valentine’s Day to all you lovers, runners, and endurance athletes! Decided to repost one of my favorite blog entries to celebrate. My good friend and running partner Lori (@lj3000) and I wrote this while running the 2011 Surf City Half Marathon last year (it was actually a way of trying to keep her mind off a nagging injury). I hope you guys have as much fun reading it as much as we did creating it. ENJOY!
In light of valentine’s day and entertainment on today’s long run, Lori (@lj3000) & I discussed how running & sex are similar. Here’s to you finding your happy place… and/or finding someone else’s.
1. Some people like to do it alone, but it’s really more fun when you do it with others.
2. It’s a great cardio workout.
3. Screaming passionate positive feedback at participants is encouraged and much appreciated.
4. Correct lubrication is key. Chaffing is not cool.
5. If you don’t do it enough, you get bitchy… (well, we do!)
6. If you’re not wet when you finish, you clearly did not work hard enough (or enjoy it… or you did it in Arizona).
7. If you’re not that into it, maybe you should choose another sport… or “running” partner.
8. It gives you a great high. After a good, loooooong run, it may be difficult to think clearly.
9. It’s better done sober. After all, you do want to remember your “races.”
10. It’s hard. Hehe. :)
And of course, it goes without saying, it’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon.
Anything we missed? Write it in the comments!